22 May 2018

Pamper Blue - stencilling, Prismacolor pencils


Using a Memory Box stencil and a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps set, I created a cool blue card with Distress ink and Prismacolor pencils.

Putting It Together

So, I wanted to make a card with a stencil and blues. This is the result.


I used Mixed Media paper for the stencilling and used the new Purple Tape to hold the panel in place.  I sprayed the delicate stencil with removable adhesive before laying it over the panel.


Using blender tools, I added Distress ink to the panel starting with Tumbled Glass in the centre, then Broken China and Mermaid Lagoon.


The soft ombre with the stencil still in place.


I carefully lifted the stencil and set it aside.


After removing the Purple Tape (adheres quite well and removes cleanly!), I trimmed the stencilled panel. To get rid of the fuzzies on the cut edge, I use the coarse side of a nail buffer.


I added Blueprint Sketch to the outside edge with a blender tool.


I spritzed the panel with Perfect Pearls in water with a Mini Mister.  I have a pearl on my Mister with Confetti White Perfect Pearls so I won't mistake it for a Mister with plain water. The curl is because of the water.


I used a heat tool to dry the panel. The curl goes away as the panel is dried.


The Perfect Pearls gives the panel an incredible sparkle. The water in the mist adds to the blending.


I dry fit the stamp to find the one I wanted to use.


I stamped with light grey ink on a scrap of Bristol. Since I knew I wanted to fussy cut the image, I just needed the piece to be big enough for the stamp.


I used Prismacolor pencils to colour the image. I keep track of the colours I use on a scrap of paper so I can have a reference later if I want to use a similar blend. So much skin on this one! I really like the blend I used though there were a couple times in the colouring I wasn't sure it was going to turn out. I didn't want the skin too yellow with all the blue or she would have looked jaundiced. So I went with a blend a little on the grey side.


I fussy cut with a very narrow margin.


To trim the inner areas, I used a craft knife. I really like the fingertip knife.


I dry fit the  image with a sentiment from the set.


To add dimension, I used snips of foam mounting tape on the image.


For the inside of the card, to add a decorative detail, I used a Clarity brush and Mermaid Lagoon with the stencil, brushing from the outside in. This gives a darker edge and lighter centre.  The Clarity brush has a softer blend than the blender tool.


To finish the front of the card, I stamped the sentiment in black and added some Hero Arts gems.


I added a stamped sentiment to the softly stencilled inside.



Supplies


Challenges

Simon Say Stamp Wednesday: Stencil It
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Saturday: Blue
Scrapping 4 Fun: Ladies
Creative With Stamps: Mother
Always Fun: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes



9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing how you made this! Awesome bg and use of stencil) for that cool image! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Just WOW! So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @AFC

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job. The card is gorgeous.
    Lia, DT S4F

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. Love your tutorial. Great work
    thank you for your lovely entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card. Thank you for playing at Scrapping4fun challenge.
    Hugs xx
    DT Meena Herale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and quote. Brilliant tutorial :)
    Thanks for playing along Scrapping4Fun Challenges!
    Hugs
    Spardha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for showing us your awesome techniques creating this card! Love the background and stenciling and the very cute stamp image :-)
    Thanks so much for joining the fun at Creative With Stamps this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this card looks really fantastic,I really like the stencil background and the image is sooooo cool.♥
    Thanks a lot for joining us at our Mother challenge by Creative with Stamps Challenge
    Good luck and hope to see you again.
    Hugs and greetings Angela DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi PLEASE follow this link
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com/2018/06/winner-redraw-challenge-115.html
    Thanks
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.