13 May 2018

Dreams - stencilling with Clarity and Oxides


I created a card using a stencil, Oxide inks in an ombre with Clarity brushes, and a dreamy sentiment from Tim Holtz.

Putting It Together

I love stencils. They're one of my favourite tools. 


To keep my stencil from moving while I added the colours, I sprayed it with a repositionable adhesive.


I then placed the stencil on a sheet of watercolour paper and pressed it down to adhere it.


I used Clarity brushes to add the Oxide inks in an ombre: Seedless Preserves, Wilted Violet, and Shaded Lilac.


I used the Distress sprayer to spritz on some water and droplets.


I added Perfect Pearls gold mixed with water in a Mister.


I carefully removed the stencil.


I trimmed the panel down for an A2 (4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch) card.


I used a gold Nuvo glitter marker to add a thin line of gold shimmer on the edges.


I added a sentiment in dark grey. The pattern of the stencil reminds me of a dream catcher, so I used a dream sentiment.


Inside I added a simple detail by stamping in the dark grey and a purple similar to those on the front.



Supplies


Challenges

Simon Says Stamp Monday: Ombre
Try It On Tuesday: Stencil
Addicted to Stamps and More: Anything Goes
Love to Scrap: Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the delicate design of the stencil and the colours are wonderful 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card - just gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much and welcome to the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a gorgeous stencil you used. Thank you for sharing this lovely card with us at Try it on Tuesdays,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! That stencil is fabulous (and does remind me of a dream-catcher, as well)!! And I love your beautiful background! Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oH WOW!! this is an intricate background!!! I am impressed!!! Love the color combo you choose!
    Thank you for joining us over Simon Says Stamp MOnday challenge! Please forgive me if this comment is way later than the challenge you joined in, but i had internet issue. I still wanted to thank you though for playing along with us and to let you know I appreciate your project!
    Have a gorgeous week!
    Zoey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.