14 September 2017

Grim Gretchen - Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps New Release sneak peek, Guest Design Team with the September Surprise Kit



Woot, woot! It's time to start the SPOOKY PARTY!!! 

Welcome to Day ONE of our Halloween release of at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps! Today we're kickin' off the party with a totally creepy set by artist Annie Rodrigue! It's called GRIM GRETCHEN!!!





Grim Gretchen was the Super Secret Krafty Klub stamp set that was included in the Halloween Kard Kit!!! Those who preordered it already have it in their inky little fingers and you'll get to see their creations today and on release day!

This ghoulish stamp set comes with one large main image and three fabby sentiments!!



You'll get to see all the SCARY stamp sets as we share them each day this week! Be sure to join us at the LIVE Online Release Party on Saturday afternoon at 2pm EST! We'll be checking out ALL of the FOUR new clear stamp sets, sharing fabulous creations, giving away prizes and having tons of krafty fun!



My first krafty kreation with Grim Gretchen is a card with cobwebs, ribbon, bats, and glow-in the dark embossing!

All of the Krafty Krew design team members and Special Krafty Guests listed below have lots of sweet designs to share with you today featuring the GRIM GRETCHEN stamp set! Be sure to hop around and leave lots of love at each and every stop because one lucky commenter will WIN a gift voucher to the krafty shop! Plus we're doing a GIVEAWAY of the ENTIRE release on the Krafty Friends facebook page! The winners will be announced at the party so don't miss it!

Happy kraftin'!




Putting It Together

I decided to do my colouring away from my workshop, I coloured Gretchen while at lunch at my day job.


I decided on green for her skin.


I used blues for the scythe.


I decided the staff was weathered bone.


He cloak in orange with dark bats.


Purple and blues for her dress.


And finally dark amber for her eyes.


At home I fussy cut her with a narrow margin.


I tried an embossed panel with drips but didn't like it. The oval I cut with webs I loved. I dry fit a lot while I am creating.


I used the distresser tool to rough up the edges of the oval.


I blended Walnut Stain Distress ink to the edge of the oval.


I dry fit the ghoul with the oval and fell in love.


I decided to embossed a dark grey textured panel with bats. The paper was from open stock on clearance at some point and I can't find links. I used Black Soot with the Clarity brush to enhance the edges of the bats.


I used the blender on the edges of the embossed panel with Black Soot.


I added a platinum ruffled ribbon to the oval.


And foam mounting tape to the back.


I dry fit the oval and ghoul on the embossed panel and added the sentiment embossed with Glow-in-the-Dark on black which is trimmed unevenly.


I used foam mounting tape on the back of Gretchen. I cut the tape into strips and then smaller bits.


When adding Gretchen to the oval, I doubled up the foam tape on the parts of her that extended beyond the oval to support them.


Inside, I used some of the elements from the Halloween Surprise Kit. The Trick or Treat lettering and spider are glow-in-the dark.




Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday: Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter: Embossing
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
Love to Scrap: Anything Goes


Blog Hop!!

All of the Krafty Krew design team members and Special Krafty Guests listed below have lots of sweet designs to share with you today featuring the GRIM GRETCHEN stamp set! Be sure to hop around and leave lots of love at each and every stop because one lucky commenter will WIN a gift voucher to the krafty shop! Plus we're doing a GIVEAWAY of the ENTIRE release on the Krafty Friends facebook page! The winners will be announced at the party so don't miss it!

Happy kraftin'!




11 comments:

  1. Great card. Love the spider web oval and ribbon framing. Adds an extra spooky touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So that's how you got it done! LOL! And I love how you show it all. The embossed bats background is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous coloring and thanks for showing us how you made this creepy card:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is very creative! Your coloring and design are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card ! Your background is awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card.
    Love the witch in front
    of the big spider web.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fun card and all the details you posted! Thank you for joining the fun at The Paper Shelter! Good luck and be sure and play in our next challenge! (cause 'ghouls' just want to have fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun Halloween Haunting! Thanks bunches for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Sure hope you will remember us for our next challenge too! Xj.
    TTCRD DT: Joi@RR{My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool layout! I love the pleated ribbon around your main oval layer; great idea! Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creepy halloween card! Great work! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge! Hope to see you again next month!
    --Heidi, design team

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.