09 January 2017

Party Animals



Woot, woot! It's time to start the PARTY!!! 

Welcome to Day ONE of the first first release of 2017 at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!




Today we're kickin' things off with a a very appropriate set of ADORABLE animal stamps by artist Cheryl Grant! It's called PARTY ANIMALS!!!


This sweet new set features a large main image of some sweet animals getting ready to celebrate! It also features FIVE awesome sentiments in a mixture of fun and funky fonts!

Be sure to join us at the LIVE Online Release Party on Saturday afternoon at 1pm EST! We'll be checking out ALL of the SIX new clear stamp sets, sharing fabulous creations, giving away prizes and having tons of krafty fun!

All the Krafty Krew design team member PLUS some special guests have lots of WILD creations to share with you today featuring the PARTY ANIMALS stamp set! Be sure to hop around and leave lots of love at each and every stop because one lucky commenter will WIN a gift voucher to the krafty shop! The winner will be announced at the party so don't miss it!



I'm one of the special guests for the sneak peeks! 

I used bright fun colours and transformed the animals into plushies complete with stitch lines. Aren't they such a cute group?



Inside, I stamped another sentiment from the set in blue-green ink and added a festive die cut embellishment.

Read on for how I created the card or CLICK HERE to skip to the Blog Hop and Comments.


Supplies


Putting It Together

I stamped the image with a light blue ink on watercolour card stock to do a "no lines" colouring technique with Distress Ink and waterbrushes.


As soon as I saw this stamp set, I wanted a pink elephant. I painted this elephant with 4 Distress Inks: Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries, and Picked Raspberries.


After the elephant, the giraffe wanted orange and dark red: Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, and Aged Mahogany.


The monkey in purple and red (Wilted Violet and Shaded Lilac with Candied Apple) is joined by the blue bird of happiness (Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, and Chipped Sapphire). Everyone is wearing festive hats in the same bright colours.

To paint with the Distress Ink minis, I squish the pads against my plastic work surface and pick up the ink with a waterbrush to apply on the panel. I take notes on the inks I use.


I fussy cut the image so I could place it in the scene I wanted to make.


I added a bit of colour to the cut edges for a finished look.


To add to the plushy look, I added stitch lines with a white gel pen. The blue bird has no stitching.


To create a present for the plushies' background, I cut a small rectangle of blue-green and used the blending tool with Peacock Feathers to shade the edges.


I couldn't find a needle and thread in my stash (I have some somewhere but no clue where), but I did find a head pin (used in making jewelry). I used the wire of the head pin to fashion a bow. I also used ribbon on the present panel and cut a tag from purple foiled cardstock to attach to the present as the front sentiment. I made a shadow for the present and plushies from a die cut oval of Not Quite Navy. I used a balloon sheet from the DCWV Birthday Wishes pad.


I added the bow to the card using a Glue Dot to hold the dimension. I used small bits of foam mounting tape on the party animals. Since I also used the foam tape on the present, I doubled up the tape on the bottom of the image.


And thus the card front was all assembled.


I stamped a second sentiment inside the card and embellished it with a die cut party hat.




Challenges

Kraftin Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: New Something
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday: Something New with a New Product
Crafty Gals Corner: Use Something New
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes


7 comments:

  1. What an adorable birthday card. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much work and so much talent. Thank you for playing along with Crafty Gals Corner Challenges. DT~Jana

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card is great and I love the faux stitching, it makes it so unique

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! Love the way you colored the animals, everything so colorful! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and I love the stitching on the party animals! Thanks for joining our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps!
    Marilyn DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, adorable image, loving your technique.
    Thanks for joining us over at Penny's
    Jean xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.