12 November 2016

Thankful


I like the challenge of single layer cards. They require a different type of thinking and usually some masking.

Challenges

Impression Obsession challenge: Thanksgiving Wishes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Thanks/Thanksgiving
Addicted to Stamps and More: Thanksgiving + CAS
AAA Cards: Thanksgiving + CAS
Scribbles Design Challenge: Fabulous Fall
Creative Moments: Thank You / Give Thanks
Just For Fun Rubber Stamps: Give Thanks
Your Next Stamp: Sketch or Colour
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Ges
Crafting in a hotel room with limited supplies brought in luggage

Supplies


Putting It Together

This week I am away from home visiting family in the US. I brought along some crafting supplies but had to leave the heavy stuff (like the Big Shot and heat tool) at home. This has required me to approach the challenges from a different angle and expand my creativity.


My first thought for this card was to use a strip from a Graphic 45 sheet that I've had for a while and keep not using, no matter how I try to find where it fits. But, it gave me an idea.


I used the width of the pumpkin strip to mask off an area of the card in the same location. Post-Its make good masks without risk of smearing.


I used the blending tool to add on 3 colours of green Distress Ink. I used a brush to lightly add Festival Green Perfect Pearls. Then I burnished the Perfect Pearls into the ink with a Swiffer cloth, rubbing away the loose powder as well..


Taking the mask off reveals the lovely band of green with nuanced colour and a slight shimmer.


I dry fit the stamps for the idea of the layout.


My layout was inspired buy the sketch for the Your Next Stamp challenge.


The colours were also inspired by the same challenge.


To stamp a second colour leaf behind the copper one, I made a mask with Post-It by stamping the leaf and fussy cutting it out. The Misti makes the stamping so much easier.


After adding in secondary leaves, I stamped the sentiment in Rich Cocoa.


Inside the card, I added another sentiment in Rhubarb Stalk and a copper leaf.


13 comments:

  1. So pretty, love the shadow effect on the large leaf. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great OLC and fab use of your limited stash.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice vintage looking card. Love the fall colours. Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Moments.

    - SP (Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, love the colours! Thank you for joining us at Scribbles Designs...

    Sandy S
    Owner & Designer of Scribbles Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello… Thanks for sharing your card with us… your card is lovely and fits perfectly with our Fabulous Fall challenge theme… hope you can join us next time and good luck in the draw.
    [Diane Louise, DT Member, Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 303 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the gorgeous warm colours. Great work. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Thanksgiving Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! I love the shadow with the large leaf and the warm colors. Thanks for doing the challenge at Just For Fun! Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Fall card and love the colours! Thanks for playing along at Your Next Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! I especially like how the leaves were both stamped twice. That is so pretty! I like the inside of the card too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Just for Fun Rubber stamps! Hope you will come back again to play next month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous fall colours! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards Thank You Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an elegant take on the sketch. Another great entry for the YNS challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.