02 July 2016

Shine Forever and Always


I am a US citizen living in Canada. The first and forth day of the month of July are rich in celebration for both of my homes. 1 July is Canada Day and I made a card, Celebrate Canada. 4 July is US Independence Day, and I made today's card to celebrate that day.

Supplies

Putting It Together

After making yesterday's Hello Love, I had parts of a small circle easel card left over (since I remade a few to take pictures). I also had a desire to make a card for Forth of July but didn't have any ideas. While looking for sentiments for another half finished card, I spied the recently released Let Your Light Shine stamp set from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and an idea began to bloom.


To make the easel, I cut a  piece of cardstock (Stampin' Up Natural White) to 5.5" x 4" and scored it at 2.75".


I put the circle die over the fold line and ran it through the Big Shot...


 ... to make a small round card.


I scored one of the halves at about the half-way point. This will be the front of the card.


I cut another circle, a complete circle, to be the face of the card. On that piece, I used Post-It tape to mask out stripes and a area for the blue field.


Using Barn Door Distress Ink, I sponged in the red stripes.


I removed the masking. I used Post-It tape to cover the stripe area and expose the blue field are.


I used Salty Ocean to sponge in the blue and then removed the masking. My impressionistic flag was complete sans stars.


I stamped the "You were meant to" on some scrap ECD Soft Finish white cardstock. I also stamped and embossed the star on to the scored scrap of Natural White, left over from cutting the card shape. I snipped and folded the ends of the sentiment into a banner and used foam tape to give it dimension, with tape runner adhesive on the ends to keep them flat in place. The star I fussy cut leaving it a base.

I had stamped and embossed "Shine" on vellum for a different project a few weeks ago but hadn't used it. It fits perfectly here. I used Glue Dots to adhere it and pop it up from the back. The dots are behind the shiny letters.


I added tape runner to the bottom of the scored card front and lined up the bottom of the flag to fit and complete the easel.


I cut a smaller circle and used Barn Door to colour it the same red as the stripes before stamping the sentiment. I also added a few rhinestone stars to the field of blue. 

A quick little card with a lot of message.


Challenges

Private FB group: Easel card
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps blog 2 July Saturday challenge: GET PATRIOTIC!

6 comments:

  1. Such fun. Jumped right out of the gallery at me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous shaped card, love the way you've recreated the flag. So pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card! I love the glitter and sparkle in the word Shine. I am glad you showed your process -- it was a lot of work for a little card, but totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Even the little things should ver full attention. It was fun making it and figuring out how to get all that in a little card.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.