28 May 2016

Butterfly Sparkle


On a recent trip to the Washington to pick up packages and do a little shopping, I stopped at Jo-ann's. While I was waiting for the washroom (it's a bit of a drive from home to Bellingham), I was looking at the fabrics. This sequined fabric caught my eye so I got some, for paper crafting.


Supplies



Putting It Together


The smallest amount I could buy was 1/4 yd, so I have quite a bit of this sequin fabric that's green with some brown. It's not really a camo pattern but the flowers on it aren't really visible unless you spread it out in a large piece. I had been dying to use this thought it would be perfect for the butterfly die I was playing around with. 


I cut a small piece and affixed it to a meadow moss base with adhesive. Using a glue dot, I then  attached a butterfly I had die cut from iridescent translucent paper and coloured with a bit of distress ink. 


I used the Xyron to add adhesive to the back of the 'wish', which was also cut from iridescent translucent paper, and then affixed it to the card. 


The sequins have a lot of sparkle when they catch the light.



Challenge

Facebook group butterfly challenge since the moderator loves them so much *laugh*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.